The SEOGuys use Burley as Well
Links have always been the Key to success in Google. Look, its not possible to get top rankings on links alone – Google's method for determining which site should rank top for a particular phrase…it's not called an algorithm for nothing. Links are a major part of the story, but there are subplots.
Google looks at many factors and if your site FAILS in some areas, then no amount of links will make up for these fails.
But all things considered, two comparable sites are going to be ranked based on their link profile. How many links, how good are the links, and what the links say about your site.
Your site needs links. Some today, some tomorrow, new ones all the time and ones that stay in place.
What are some ways to gather links?
- Reciprocal Links? Really hard to make these work. You need to convince Google that yes, you actually giving a vote of confidence to that other site, they are voting for your site genuinely as well.
- Article Links? Many article farms got crushed by Google Panda. Sites that are crushed by Google Panda are unlikely to be good sources of links.
- Paid links. Banned as a search engine strategy by Google, and usually ineffective anyway. They never stay in place long, are usually off topic and the sites themselves giving out these paid links are poor quality.
- Directory Links. OK, some of these are fine. Many are just paid links in sheep’s clothing
- Press releases. I do like these. Write an article in the name of your website owner on a topical and divisive topic relevant to your website. DO a press release and try and get I published in the mainstream news. Write is so your site gets links from the online newspapers. Effective, but a fair bit of work.
- Ask sites to link to yours. Believe or not, this works. Some sites will link to you if you ask them. For example you might own a real estate agency in Perth, and use “Joe's Pest Services” as your recommended Pest inspector. If Joe has a website, asking him for a link from his website is likely to receive a positive response…. It shows he is trusted within the profession and will help his business. It is however, hard sometimes to find such partnerships.
So what’s left?
Create good content and wait for other website owners to link to you? Google recommend this… but it's not enough. You've got to
- Write Good content.
- Get other's to write Good content for you as well.
- Wait for others to link to your site.
- Ask Others to link to your site
- Get Others to ask other people to write more content for you, and to link to your site too.
Some people engage in link baiting(adding functionality to your site to encourage other sites to link to you) which is a wonderful technique for getting links… but we prefer to take it one step further and design for our clients viral link baiting and content creation applications. The results?
- More useful content and
- More links
than you could ever hope to write/gather on your own or through a link baiting program.
Here's how:- Get your site Visitors to do Your SEO for you
Want a review of your site? Click the following link.